Friday, February 19, 2010

Disappearing daughters

There came a thought in mind which was seriously quite distorted,
What if I was not given birth or was removed or aborted.

Would I be able get this worldly pleasure and pains,

No doubt whatever they may be, it’s every human’s treasures and gains.

Don’t I have the right to be nurtured into mom’s womb?
Why before stepping out in world, I m buried in graves and tombs.

Am I burdening society, you think?

Is it that difficulty follows me, am hapless and would not sail across and sink?

Can’t I be moms buddy? Can’t I be dad’s pride?
Am i a disgrace to you or something to hide?

Don’t I have the right to live, to enjoy, to survive,

Do you think i m weak, its hard for me to live and strive.

What would have made you kill me?
Even before I m born, even before world could see.

Can’t I have the equal right of the baby boys?
Can I not get your love and care and those pretty toys.

Why can’t I be your whole and soul?
Why am I not given chance to achieve the goal.

It’s a humble plea to all of you be it professional or be it naïve.
A girl child is no more a curse, better not kill her but save,

Why the innocent is not accepted and is meant to slaughter
This is just to acknowledge you that she too can be a caring daughter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment